Benefits of ZrN Coating
- Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) is a PVD ceramic hardcoat for solid carbide router bits designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials.
- ZrN coated bits have the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than an uncoated tools.
- ZrN coating creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting.
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Up-spiral cutting edge for superior chip ejection
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter (where the machine or work piece vibrates) under high chip loads when used with low TIR spindles.
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Compatible with CarveWright™ and CompuCarve woodworking systems
Designed to cut the following materials:
HDU, Wood, PVC, Acrylic, Dibond®, MDF, HDF, Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Bronze, Graphite, Phenolic, Phenolic Composites, Plastic, Sign Board & Sign Foam
For CNC machines, Carving machines, handheld/portable routers and router tables.