Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral 3 Flute Plunge Down-Cut Router Bits
46216-K Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Plunge 1/2 Dia x 1-1/2 x 1/2 Inch Shank Down-Cut, 3-Flute
Great for production settings and excellent for creating grooves and dado cuts in softwood, hardwood, plywood and composite materials. 'Down-Cut' spiral. Three-flute design for very high quality finish.
Benefits of Mirror-Finish:
- Razor sharp cutting edge
- Effortless chip removal
- Helps prevent chip re-welding
- Extends tool life
- Exceptional cut quality
- Dissipates heat well and
Our Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Recommended RPM 20,000-21,000.
Vectric compatible tool file for 46216-K available for download, click here.