Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Carbon Graphite and Carbon Fiber Panel Cutting Router Bits
46008-K Solid Carbide CNC Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Carbon Graphite & Carbon Fiber Panel Cutting 1/8 Dia x 1/2 x 1/4 Shank x 2 Inch Long Down-Cut Router Bit
Introducing Amana Tools®'s carbon graphite and carbon fiber cutting solid carbide router bits designed to produce a minimum failure in composite materials such as layers separating and a significant loss of mechanical toughness.
The rapidly growing use of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymers (CFRP) necessitates tooling designed to effectively meet the challenges of such composites. Experts have recognized the need for a tool geometry combining a highly abrasion-resistant carbide substrate generous fluting and an impact zone that not only "shatters" the hard carbon fibers but also keeps heat down.
These industrial router bits combat abrasion heat and the breakdown of composites for clean, accurate cuts.
Our Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Excellent for cutting:
- Carbon Fiber
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP)
- Carbon Graphite
- Composite Materials
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer - Plastic Materials (GFR)
- Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP)
- G10 = High-pressure fiberglass laminate, a kind of composite material
- G10 / FR-4 Glass Epoxy Composite Laminate Material
- G11 / FR-5 Glass Epoxy Composite Laminate Material
- Micarta® (Brand name for composites of linen, canvas, paper, fiberglass, carbon fiber or other fabric in a thermosetting plastic.)
- Phenolic "Garolite" G-7
- Plastic PVC & Acrylic
- Thermoset Composites
- Thermosetting Plastics