Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Compression Spiral CNC Router Bits
46170-K CNC Solid Carbide Spektra™ Extreme Tool Life Coated Compression Spiral 1/4 Dia x 7/8 x 1/4 Inch Shank
Special unique carbide for longer lifetime in abrasive material. Designed for CNC applications requiring high feed rates and a clean finish. Particularly suitable for double-sided melamine or laminated material. Flawless compression cuts.
Our Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Excellent for cutting:
- Double Sided Melamine
- Laminated Plywood
- Melamine Particle Board
- Oriented Strand Board (OSB)*
- Particle Board
- Veneered Plywood
*Oriented Strand Board is an engineered wood particle board.
I am new to the CNC world. I look at the speed and feed chart and ramp down is listed. On my vcarve software it asks me for plunge rate then there is a ramp distance. Where does “ramp down” fit into the equation?
Question by: Michael Russo on Jul 14, 2020, 11:59 PM
The plunge rate is one half the feed rate.
Answer by: Amana Admin on Aug 11, 2020, 4:12 PM