Solid Carbide Countersink Router Bits for Composite Materials
46468 Solid Carbide CNC 90 Degree Angle x 1/2 Dia x 5mm x 1/4 Shank x 1-9/16 Inch Long 5 Flute Countersink and Chamfer Router Bit
5 flute • Solid carbide head on brazed steel shank offers long-lasting durability
Designed for making 90 degree countersinks and chamfering.
These bits make it possible to chamfer edges, holes and contours with a ‘’contour’’ or ‘’bore” CNC operation and still have the option to use a sufficient lead-in distance.
Item no. 46468 utilizes a 3mm diameter tip width, making cuts into the tightest corners and smallest details achievable.
- GFR (Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer - Plastic Materials)
- CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer - Plastic Materials)
- FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic)
- Micarta® (Brand name for composites of linen, canvas, paper, fiberglass, carbon fiber or other fabric in a thermosetting plastic.)
- MMC (Metal Matrix Composite)
- Thermoset Composites
- Thermosetting Plastics
Drilling countersinks with these bits on the CNC machine is a great way to save time and have your pieces look great every time!
With the adjustable depth drill bit you can adjust them for whatever size material you’re working with. They are best used with a drilling toolpath, utilizing the peck drill option at .25" per pass with a .125" retract height.