Solid Carbide Spiral 'O' Flute Plastic Cutting Down-Cut CNC Router Bits
51510 Solid Carbide CNC Spiral 'O' Flute, Plastic Cutting 1/8 Dia x 1/2 x 1/8 Shank Down-Cut
|(B) Cutting Height||1/2|
|Overall Length (L)||2|
Produce super clean, smooth cuts especially in acrylic materials (Plexiglas® Lucite®) other plastics and wood. Bits are made according to strict tolerances from an exclusive carbide grade and polished to a mirror finish using Amana’s unique process. Designed to eject chips down. Ideal for industrial applications and CNC machines. Left hand helix left hand cut.
Excellent for cutting:
- Acetal and Nylon
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)
- Corrugated Plastics* such as Correx Boards and Polypropylene
- Crosslinked Polyethylene (XPE, PEX, XLPE)
- Extruded Acrylic
- Foam Board
- Hard Plastic
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) for digital printing
- High Pressure Laminates (HPL)
- Hydroxy-Terminated Polyether (HTPE)
- King ColorCore® The Multi-Color Engravable Polymer Sheet.
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Mechanical/Engineered Plastics
- Perspex® Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)†
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as Acetal, Polyacetal and Polyformaldehyde.
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Sign Foam
- Sintra PVC
- Solid Surface
- StarBoard® (King StarBoard 'R') High Density Polyethylene Sheet (HDPE)
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Trespa® Meteon®****
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Vinyl Flooring
*Corrugated Plastics such as Correx refers to a wide range of extruded twinwall plastic-sheet products produced from high-impact Polypropylene resin with a similar make-up to corrugated fiberboard. They are used in a variety of applications including boat building packaging signage outdoor advertising and the production of pet cages.
**A soft plastic cardboard made with super soft super flexible PVC.
***Gatorfoam® Foam Board a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
****Decorative high-pressure compact laminate (HPL) with an integral surface.
†Recommendation: Use the slowest suggested feed rates and the shortest bits necessary for cutting and routing Lexan™.
Benefits of Mirror-Finish:
- Razor sharp cutting edge
- Effortless chip removal
- Helps prevent chip re-welding
- Extends tool life
- Exceptional cut quality
- Dissipates heat well and
Maximum RPM: 35,000
Router collet reducer RB-102 (1/4 to 1/8) available for 1/8 shank bits.
Vectric compatible tool file for 51510 available for download, click here.
You will be best served to use the following formula as a starting point:\n\nFeed Rate = RPM X # of flutes X chip load. You may now choose an RPM rate that your machine would handle for example:
16,000 X 1 X 0.006
Feed Rate = 96 inches per minute.
Please feel free to contact us with any other questions.