54310 Carbide Tipped Tambour #1 - 5/64 Radius x 1-3/16 Dia x 1/2 Inch Shank Part of Set #54314 (U.S. Patent No. 7 810 532)
|Cutting Height (B)||1-1/4|
|Overall Length (L)||2-3/4|
- Unique 3-piece router bit set with antique solid brass knob
- Shapes tambours that interlock with a ball-and-socket joint
- Unlike ordinary tambours, there is no need for cloth, glue or wires
- Each slat measures approximately 1/2" x 1"
- Minimum radius for the tambour door is 3-1/2"
The set is easy to set up and use. The first bit (#54310) shapes the face of the stock; cutting from each face completes the contour of the ball. Afterwards, a second bit (#54312) is used to shape the socket. A third bit in the set (#49498) is used to shape the end of the tambour which provides a place to mount a pull for opening the completed tambour.
And, assembly is easy. Simply slide the slats together to create a beautiful flexible tambour that's perfect for creating your own roll top desk, breadbox, kitchen countertop storage areas and more.
Recommended Maximum Width for Tambour Strips:
Do not exceed 5ft or 60in in length, otherwise they may sag under their own weight.