DRB-450 Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) Tipped Double Edge Folding V-Groove 90 Deg x 0.090 Inch Tip Width x 1/2 Dia x 13/64 x 1/4 Inch Shank
Diamond is the hardest material on the earth. Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) tooling is manufactured in a high-temperature and high-pressure laboratory that fuses diamond particles onto a carbide substrate, which allows the diamond to be brazed onto a tool body.
Designed for shaping Aluminum Composite (sandwich) Materials with 90º angle V-grooves with flat bottom. Widely used for cladding many diverse exterior and interior applications. The long lasting durability of the material makes it an excellent choice for buildings, signage, displays, etc. Routing V-shaped grooves, whereby the aluminum cover and a part of the polyethylene core is removed, allows for folding remaining material. Ideal for wall panel application.
Designed for cutting and scoring aluminum sandwich materials including:
- Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Clay, Zinc & Wood Composite Panels
- Aluminum 5052
- Aluminum Composite Materials (ACM)
- Aluminum Composite Panel (ACP)*
- ALPOLIC® Copper Composite Material (CCM)
- PE and FR Cores
- Titanium Composite Material (TCM)
*Aluminum Composite Panel (ACP) is a type of ACM flat panel that consists of two thin aluminum sheets bonded to a non-aluminum core. ACPs are frequently used for external cladding or facades of buildings, insulation, and signage. **Durabond is a polyethylene core with 0.3mm colored aluminum sheet on either side, pre-finished requiring no decoration.
- Harder cutting edge provides higher resistance to wear
- Cut thousands of feet more than carbide without changing tool saving setup time
- Optimized machine tool efficiency
- Quality of finish is often significantly improved