Insert Spoilboard Plunging, Surfacing, Planing, Flycutter & Slab Leveler Router Bit
RC-2259-TG Insert Carbide 5 Wing/Flute Heavy Duty Spoilboard Plunging, Surfacing, Planing, Flycutter & Slab Leveler 3-27/32 Dia x 1-7/32 x 3/4 Shank Router Bit For ThermoGrip® CNC Heat Shrink Tool Holders
Insert carbide spoilboard surfacing & chamfering router bit great for cutting large surface areas and surface planing. Higher number of teeth allows for higher feed rate.
For ThermoGrip® CNC Heat Shrink Tool Holders.
- Resurfacing spoilboards using CNC
- Planing large glued up panels using CNC
- Surfacing and finishing wood using timber slab machines
- Rabbeting or slotting
Designed for planing & chamfering the following materials:
- Balsa Core*
- Epoxy (Epoxy Resins)*
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)*
- Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)*
*For optimal results and maximum insert life, replace inserts with optional general purpose knives #RCK-457 (sold separately).
** Use lower CNC spindle RPM and adjusted feed-rate to prevent Melting and adhesion of the acrylic material to the tool.
- 4-sided solid carbide insert knives
- Exclusive carbide grade for highest quality of cut
- Maximum cutting efficiency
- Faster material removal process
- Tool can plunge up to a maximum depth of 6mm (1/4"), then start resurfacing
- Tool capable of removing very thin layers of material, less than 0.001" per pass
- The unique chamfer corner insert design, creates a flawless surface.
- The 5 wing design, resulting in a more balanced tool while running.
Proper torques rating to tighten down screws is 2-3Nm Torques.
Fusion 360 compatible tool file for RC-2259-TG available for download, click here.
|Included MDF Knives (5 Required)||Optional MDF/Chipboard Knives (5 Required)||Optional General Purpose Knives (5 Required)||Optional Solid Wood Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Knives (5 Required)||Torx Screw (5)||Torx Key|